SOLAR ENERGY FOR COMMERCIAL PROPERTY
Commercial Properties have different electricity contracts than Residential Customers. While a homeowner may have a flat rate per kilowatt hour, commercial businesses have more complex prices that vary depending on the amount of energy being used and the time of day the energy is pulled from the grid. These charges are referred to as Demand Charges on the electrical bill and can cost upwards of $5 a Kilowatt Hour, much higher than the advertised rates. Often these demand charges are caused by the operation of heavy machinery, or large HVAC units. During the hottest part of the day the air conditioning systems are working their hardest, consuming lots of energy. At the same time of day, an installed solar system would be at peak power production, which helps greatly to offset the energy needed from the electrical grid. In some businesses, heating and air conditioning can consume up to 40% of the power used in a given month and can be even higher during the hotter parts of the summer. Solar power offers an avenue to reduce those hefty demand charges and produce green energy in the process, making it a smart investment for the energy conscious business.
Solar electricity for your office, retail or industrial property is one of the best investments you can make. A Solar System can:
- Immediately lower your operations costs with lower electric bills.
- Provide locked-in electricity prices for decades.
- Build goodwill and positive public relations.
Space City Solar provides the best design and installation for your solar energy systems.
- We will do a detailed site analysis to ensure that your PV system provides maximum benefit to your unique situation.
- Our financial benefits analysis ensure the maximum benefit from all available programs and incentives,
- Our installation team specializes in professional project management, so you know what to expect and when.
PV System costs have never been lower:
- System prices continue to drop.
- 30% of total cost is offset by a Federal income tax credit.
- State and utility company incentives can further reduce the total cost.